- Status: See Polkadot Validation Node Ansible Setup
- Teams/People that could deliver the RFP: @melozo, @pmensik, @tylerztl, @bLd75
Project Description 📄
One of the more accessible ways of spinning up validator nodes is by using the
polkadot-validator-setup repository, which uses a mix of terraform and ansible tools to create a server, adjust its configuration and install the necessary packages needed for running a substrate node.
This RFP aims at providing maintenance to that repository and add some small features.
A list of possible tasks to work on:
- fixing issues and improving documentation
- updating any libraries/deps needed
- support additional terraform backends to store the terraform state (currently only
gcp, could add
s3: see this issue and local storage or even git - it should be discouraged in prod but very useful for testing). See also this issue
- investigate pass-phrased ssh key deployment: issue 109
- add additional cloud providers to terraform: alicloud, OVS